DANE T. KUROHARA, M.D.
- Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Hawaii’s John A. Burns School of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, Member
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, Member
- American College of Physicians
Dr. Kurohara was born and raised in Wailuku, Maui. A Baldwin high school graduate, he went on to receive his Bachelor’s degree at the University of Hawaii at Manoa before subsequently attending the John A. Burns School of Medicine for his medical degree. He completed his residency training at the University of Hawaii Internal Medicine Residency Program where he served as Chief Medical Resident before returning to Maui to serve his home community.
Dr. Kurohara’s clinical interests lie in adult primary care, where he enjoys working with patients to achieve the best outcomes through combining evidence-based practice as well as patient preference. His approach to medicine is one of camaraderie, teamwork, and lifelong learning where he is happy to learn something new each day - whether it be from his work colleagues or his patients.
During his free time, he enjoys spending quality time with his family and pets. He also enjoys bodyboarding, fishing, as well as listening to audiobooks.